Do you have what it takes to be a part
of the Coastal Difference?
Though surfing is not a prerequisite, the team at Coastal Payroll holds similar desires for excellence, dedication, and positive vibes. If you spend a majority of your week at work it is vital to love the atmosphere. Located in the greatest city in the world [San Diego], Coastal Payroll is a living example of the valued entrepreneurial business that is seemingly fading from society.
In 2007, Coastal Payroll Services was launched as the local payroll service provider for the greater San Diego area – one that is truly local (not a national provider with a local sales office). Jonathan Gallagher and Craig Coleman combined their experience in the payroll and consulting arenas to develop a service that is driven by simple, efficient, top quality products and processes coupled with best-in-class customer service.
Rapidly growing with a zest like no other, Coastal Payroll serves the payroll, time and attendance, and human resource needs of small to medium-size businesses. We work with local CEOs to ensure they are supported as they grow their companies. If you feel like you have what it takes to join the team, read on.
Human Resources Representative
Coastal Payroll Services is a leading provider of Human Capital Management services in Southern California. As a growing company, we promote a workplace that is fast-paced, fun and creative. Our primary goal is to have a positive impact on the lives of the clients we service. We accomplish this by never wavering from our values and by always seeking to be better tomorrow than we are today. Coastal Payroll is currently looking to hire a Human Resources Representative to join our HR Elite team. Our HR Elite service is a comprehensive HR service that enables businesses to grow. The individual in this position will be responsible for providing a full spectrum of HR support to our HR Elite clients. You will manage a book of clients for whom you will be their primary HR consultant.
Primary Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing a thorough audit of each HR Elite client’s business and HR function
- Compiling HR Audit results and creating appropriate findings and recommendations
- Creating a strategic HR Plan which outlines the project plan with deadlines and responsibilities
- Partnering with business owners and their management teams to create and communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations
- Working with businesses to create a solid HR infrastructure including but not limited to: employee handbooks, job descriptions, and performance review documents
- Analyzing data and making recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Responding to clients regarding employee relations issues such as employee complaints and employee performance
- Facilitating and providing training to clients including but not limited to: harassment prevention training, manager training, and interviewing training
- Assisting in creation of training materials as needed
- Maintaining knowledge of trends and changes in Human Resources legislation
- Communicating Human Resources changes to HR Elite clients and other appropriate individuals
- Developing strong partnerships with clients to ensure client retention
- Partnering with sales and operations team to ensure client satisfaction and completion of projects
- Project management – tracking hours spent by activity and optimizing time allocated to projects
A Bachelors’ Degree is required. Must be a team player and have the ability to meet tight deadlines, as well as exhibit a high level of confidentiality, detail-orientation, time management, organizational, customer service, written and oral communication, and problem-solving skills. Must have the ability to change tasks quickly and frequently. Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in Human Resource Management is required. Experience in HR consulting or outsourced Human Resources is preferred. PHR or SHRM-CP is preferred. Local travel throughout the San Diego, Orange County and Imperial Valley region is required.
In addition, candidates must have:
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment including copiers, fax machines, scanners, a phone system with multiple incoming lines, etc.
Competitive compensation and benefits available.
Coastal Payroll Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.