Coastal Payroll Services does not contact individuals through Craigslist.
If you have been contacted by anyone through Craigslist who indicates they are associated with Coastal Payroll Services, do not communicate with them any further. We do not post jobs on Craigslist and we do no solicit clients on Craigslist. We are aware of individuals who have used the Coastal Payroll Services name on Craigslist in the past, and we are in the process of investigating these incidents.
Unfortunately, there are individuals that use the names of legitimate companies to facilitate frauds and scams on Craigslist.
6 “Rules to follow” to avoid most fake jobs:
- Job asks you to use your personal bank account and/or open a new one, or
asks you for personal information.
- Job asks you to print/mail/cash a check or money order.
- Job asks you to use Western Union or moneygram in any capacity.
- Job asks you to accept packages and re-ship them on to anyone.
- Job asks you to pay visas, travel fees via Western Union or moneygram.
- Job asks you to sign up for a credit reporting or identity verification
Avoiding all jobs that mention any of the above listed ‘red flags’ and you will miss nearly all fake jobs. Only scammers ask you to do any of the above. No. Exceptions. Ever. For any reason.